In Today's busy world, there is nothing more important than good health. Nakanoshima Clinic, located in the upscale Osaka midtown, can help you achieve or maintain your good health through a thorough examination.
At Nakanoshima Clinic, we offer comprehensive health screenings and assessments by using state-of-the-art medical diagnostic technology. To meet the needs of a diverse population, we offer three distinctive types of services: PET-CT course, general health checkup course, and specific organ checkup course.
These services are a half-day to one day in length and all services are available at one location.
At the end of your visit, some of your test results are provided in a private consultation with our physician to improve or sustain your health and to enhance your quality of life.
We will gladly assist you with scheduling your appointment. (English or Japanese only).
1. We do not test those who are pregnant and suspected of being pregnant to avoid any possible risk.
2. If you already have any symptom, please see a doctor before checkups.
3. Please book 14 days in advance.(When you'd lilke to take upper endoscopy, please make a reservation at least 2 months in advance. I'm afraid upper endoscopy is booked to capacity early on.)
4. Cash and credit cards are acceptable. However, cards can be used only if your payment amounts to 10,000 yen or more.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT PACKAGES
You may choose any of the packages offered, based on your age and health history.
Please choose from one of our packages below to learn more about which one suits your personal needs:
Using PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and CT (Computed Tomography) to pinpoint disease states in the body. Combining these two scanning technologies enables more accurate diagnosis and identification of cancer (including personal consultation with physician + comprehensive physical examination).
- PET-CT basic
- PET-CT + 4 tumor markers + hemoccult testing (Description of Services)
- PET-CT advance
- PET-CT + abdominal ultrasound + CT chest + MRI pelvis + 5 tumor markers + hemoccult testing (Description of Services)
- PET-CT cancer
- PET-CT + CT chest + CT abdomen + abdominal/thyroid ultrasound + MRI pelvis + 5 tumor markers + mammography + Pap smear + sputum/urine cytology + complete blood count + complete metabolic panel + lipid panel + thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) + C reactive protein + hepatitis B&C serology + hemoccult testing + urinalysis (Description of Services)
The contents of PET-CT course and the price list
Health checkup course
We offer three distinctive level of services; general, premium, superior.
The basic elements are personal consultation with physician + comprehensive physical examination + measurement of waist circumference + hearing screening + vision screening + resting ECG + treadmill cardiac stress test + pulmonary function test + gastric study (barium swallow/upper endoscopy) + hemoccult testing + rectal examination + abdominal ultrasound + Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) for men, CA 125 for women + hepatitis B&C serology + complete blood count + complete metabolic panel + lipid panel + urinalysis + Pap smear & breast examination & mammography for women.
- Recommended for those who need a little more than screening checkup at work. You can choose either barium swallow or upper endoscopy without additional charge. (Description of Services)
- In addition to General course, CT chest, MRI/MRA of head, mammography (for women only) are included. Also comes with sputum cytology and 4 tumor markers. (Description of Services)
- In addition to Premium course, body composition analysis, ankle-brachial index (ABI), CT abdomen and 7 tumor markers are provided. (Description of Services)
The contents of Health checkup course and the price list
Specific organ checkup course
We specifically target two major organs; Brain.
The basic elements are personal consultation with physician + comprehensive physical examination + measurement of waist circumference + carotid Doppler ultrasound + resting ECG + lipid panel + kidney function + uric acid + complete blood count.
- Aimed to detect brain ischemia, tumor and aneurysm early, we provide MRI brain as well as MRA, fundoscopic examination and live function test. (Description of Services)
The contents of Specific organ checkup course and the price list
Description of Services
- Abdominal Ultrasound: An ultrasound study used to study abdominal organs; liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys
- Ankle Brachial Blood Pressure Index (ABI): An ultrasound study that uses blood pressure at your ankles and arms to assess the flow of blood throughout the body. Lack of normal perfusion to the feet may indicate a condition known as peripheral vascular disease (PVD).
- Body Composition Analysis: Use of electrical impedance to determine the percentage of your total body weight that is made up of fat.
- Bone Densitometry: An ultrasound study used to screen individuals for osteoporosis.
- Breast Exam (female): A clinical breast exam performed by your Executive Health Program physician.
- Cardiac CTA with Calcium Score: Uses computed tomography (CT) to obtain high resolution images of the heart and coronary arteries. Also measures the build up of calcium of the walls of the coronary arteries.
- Cardio-Ankle Vascular Index: An index reflecting the stiffness of the artery from the heart to ankles. This test is performed at the same time of ABI.
- Carotid Doppler Study: An ultrasound study to detect the presence of plaques in the carotid artery.
- Chest x-ray: A radiographic study used to determine cardiac or pulmonary abnormalities.
- Complete Blood Count: A blood test used to determine the amount of white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets in the bloodstream.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: A blood test used to assess kidney and liver function as well as other metabolic disorders.
- Comprehensive Physical Examination: A thorough physical examination performed by your Executive Health Program physician.
- Comprehensive Report of Results and Recommendations: A discussion between you and your Executive Health Program physician to review your test results and develop a wellness plan. You will also receive recommendations for any further testing or follow up.
- Digital Mammography: A sophisticated radiographic examination of the breast used to detect breast cancer.
- Hearing Screening: Use of a handheld audiometer to screen for hearing loss.
- Hemoccult Testing: A test to detect for occult (hidden) blood in the stool.
- C-Reactive Protein: A blood test used as a "marker" for infection and inflammation that could indicate the need for further testing.
- Lipid Panel: A blood test including total cholesterol, LDL, HDL and triglycerides used to determine a person's risk for coronary artery disease.
- MRI/MRA of brain: A noninvasive medical test to help diagnose:
* tumors of the brain.
* developmental anomalies of the brain.
* vascular anomalies of the head (aneurysm for example).
* disorders of the eyes and the inner ear.
* trauma patients (in selected patients).
* disease in the pituitary gland.
* certain chronic disorders of the nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
* causes of headache.
- Ophthalmological Examination: Fundoscopic imaging to detect glaucoma, cataract and other abnormalities of retina as well as ocular pressure.
- Pelvic Exam and PAP Smear Testing (female): A clinical examination of the reproductive organs and ThinPrep® Pap Test which screens for cervical cancer and Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Personal Consultation: Your physician will thoroughly review your health history with you, answer your questions and address any concerns.
- Prostate Exam (male): A digital examination of the prostate gland to screen for prostate cancer.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (male): (PSA) A blood test used to screen for prostate cancer.
- Resting ECG: Records the electrical activity of your heart.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: A blood test which can indicate abnormalities with thyroid gland function.
- Treadmill Cardiac Stress Test: Use of a cardiac monitor and treadmill exercise to evaluate how your heart responds to physical activity.
- Tumor Markers: A series of tumor markers to help detect cancer early; CEA (colon cancer), CA19-9 (pancreatic cancer), CYFRA (lung cancer, non-small cell), STN antigen (GI tract malignancy), PSA (prostate cancer), CA15-3 (breast cancer), CA125 (female organ cancer), proGRP (lung cancer, small cell). *Please note that diagnosis of cancer is only made clinically, not solely on tumor markers.
- Urinalysis: A test used to detect the presence of infection or metabolic disorders such as kidney disease.
- Visual Screening: Use of a Snelling Chart to screen distance vision and red/green color vision.
- Whole Body PET/CT: Uses PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and CT (Computed Tomography) to pinpoint disease states in the body. Combining these two scanning technologies enables more accurate diagnosis and identification of cancer, heart and blood vessel diseases and brain disorders including Alzheimer's disease.
Map and Access
Approximately 10 minutes from JR Osaka station.
- Keihan Nakanoshima Line; please get off at the terminal station "Nakanoshima Station", take Exit 4 or 6 and walk north on Naniwa-suji for 3-5 minutes.
- Hanshin Main Line; please get off at "Fukushima Station", take Exit 3, and walk south on Naniwa-suji for about 5 minutes.
- JR Tozai Line; please get off at "Shin Fukushima Station", take exit 2, and walk south on Naniwa-suji for approximately 5 minutes.
- JR Kanjo Line; please get off at "Fukushima Station" and walk south on Naniwa-suji for about 7 minutes.
Contact us / Request for Information
If you have any question or concern, please feel free to contact us.